SkyWater Search Partners is partnering with a large commercial mechanical contracting company to find their next Human Resources Director. This role is based on site, in the southwest metro with some flexibility for remote work. We are looking for an outgoing, hands-on HR leader to lead all HR support for the organization, including payroll. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in the construction industry and be able to provide leadership in the development, implementation, refinement and coordination of HR programs, operations and systems. This position will report to the Director of Finance.
If you are an influential Human Resources leader and want to join an organization where you can truly make an impact, this could be a great opportunity for you! If you are interested please apply online or reach out to Yanna Svensen at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is responsible for setting and supporting the client’s core values and culture, wage & salary administration, employee and labor relations, strategic and succession planning, benefits coordination, recruiting and staffing, onboarding, and maintaining the creation and integrity of all employee information.
- Work in partnership with the client’s parent company to ensure flawless implementation of corporate programs and communications.
- Coordinate and lead the recruiting and selection process for exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Coaching managers on performance management, documentation, and progressive discipline procedures.
- Conduct investigations and ensure appropriate follow-up and action is implemented on a timely basis.
- Manage wage and salary administration process including participating in the budget process, advising on appropriate increases, and development plans. This will include reviewing and recommending actions relative to the competitive market conditions, employee performance, and the overall business objectives.
- Oversee annual performance review process and facilitate professional development and succession planning program.
- Manage employee new-hire orientation and develop appropriate training programs for new and existing employees.
- Coordinate implementation of employee benefits programs.
- Oversee, manage, and implement payroll processes and time clock procedures.
- Monitor and follow up on all employee relations issues.
- Manage unemployment claims and participate in unemployment hearings as necessary.
- Oversee and manage programs to improve morale, teamwork, and employee retention.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Human Resources Generalist
- Payroll Manager
Qualifications / Skills:
- BA/BS in Human Resources or related field and/or equivalent experience and education.
- Minimum of seven to ten years Human Resources generalist experience or a combination of experience in two or more human resources specialty areas.
- Previous experience in the development and implementation of HR programs, policies, and procedures preferred.
- Ability to handle issues, solve problems, and make decisions based on common sense, background research, and sensitivity.
- At least five years of management/supervisory experience.
- Prior experience with managing bargaining unit employees or a union contract is strongly preferred.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred but not required.
- Experience providing superior customer service.
- Capacity to work on a high performing team
- Skilled at managing many tasks / multitasking.
- Positive attitude
- Driven to help teammates to win ??