The Accounts Receivable Manager is responsible for management of the Billing and Collections process of a $1+ billion revenue personal care manufacturer, including the management of five direct reports. The primary focus is on timely and accurate billing of receivables, accurate cash application and timely collection of amounts owed. This job also requires periodic short-term forecasting of cash receipts, responses to information requests regarding prices, collections, credits, etc. and requires efforts to continuously improve all processes impacting customer billing and collections
· Oversee all Customer billings to assure proper documentation and timely and accurate invoicing
· Oversee cash application process
· Communicate with customers, and customer service to reconcile accounts, resolve disputes and ensure timely payments.
· Produce an AR aging report and keep the Controller informed of any problem accounts.
· Develop new processes and procedures to enhance accuracy and timeliness of billing, as well as to minimize cash application discrepancies
· Works with others to improve processes impacting billing & collections while maintaining/improving customer satisfaction
· Coach and develop team members by setting clear expectations around performance goals
· Assist in special A/R related projects.
· B.S. Accounting or Finance.
· 5+ years’ experience in general accounting or accounts receivable
· Prior supervisory experience
· Advance Microsoft Excel skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills (including professional telephone skills)