The Production Manager is responsible for supervising the overall operation of the facility including overseeing the safe, efficient and effective operation of the Production Departments by leading and coaching full-time and temporary employees. The Production Manager ensures that processes are maintained within prescribed specifications and in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements. In addition, the Production Manager is responsible for providing leadership and assessing the training needs of team members to enable them to perform their roles to the best of their abilities.
Vice President of Information Technology
IT Rochester, Minnesota
Vice President of Information Technology Position Description
The Vice President of IT establishes the technical vision for the organization and leading all aspects of technology development, deployment, and management. Ensures the technology strategy serves the business strategy. Accountable for all application development and deployment, as well as overseeing infrastructure and device management. Provides leadership to the IT team including change control, risk management, and introduction of new technologies. Works with leadership, service providers, business partners, and IT staff in technology planning. Implements and maintains tools to promote compliance with standards and processes. Ensures service providers are meeting the appropriate levels of service delivery. The VP of IT is responsible for all IT application activities, including ERP / manufacturing, operations, finance, and HR. Establishes an application strategy aligned to the company's strategic business needs and interprets their meaning to the organization’s senior leadership team. Provides leadership and oversight of staff; coaches, directs, mentors, evaluates, and counsels personnel while adhering to organizational human resource policies and related employment laws.
• Promotes innovative, efficient, effective and shared uses of information technology solutions across the company.
• Directs the planning, budgeting, and operations of the Information Technology department.
• Defines and communicates the strategic technology direction across the organization.
• Ensures technology strategy and policies are aligned across all business areas.
• Leads the identification and selection of technologies and solutions across business areas.
• Leads the execution of technology strategy through internal development, partnerships and external relationships.
• Leads the internal governance processes for technology.
• Builds, manages, and retains a highly skilled and motivated staff.
• Enables business to rapidly adapt and embrace change as a competitive advantage through effective use of technology, and continuously delivers value to every aspect of the business.
• Works with business leaders to assess, recommend and execute on technology strategy that enables each business to drive operational efficiencies and growth.
• Manages to the financial measures and goals of the IT department.
• Manages the infrastructure capacity, tools, reporting, and performance for platforms, storage, systems, and devices.
• Oversees desktop and user device deployment, desk side support, and IT Help Desk services.
• Partners with outsourcing vendors.
• Enhances information security and compliance; and communicates, manages and mitigates security risks
• Keeps abreast of emerging technology and business process trends within the industry.
• Other duties as assigned or requested.
Education: • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required. • Master’s degree preferred
• 7 – 10 years of IT leadership experience in progressively responsible positions.
• Direct experience leading an organization through significant change
. • Prior experience leading large systems (financial, ERP, etc.) deployment. • M&A Integration / Carve Out experience preferred.
• Manufacturing experience preferred.
• Outstanding organizational leadership skills. A track record of building strong teams and leading by example/influencing through others in a performance driven culture. Must be a strong teacher and coach.
• Strong communication skills; ability to speak concisely and to adapt messages to a range of audiences (executive team, department heads, external service providers, direct reports, etc.).
• Adept at navigating business needs and in dealing with difficult customers, looking for win win solutions without sacrificing standards
. • Ability to analyze issues and determine the root cause and develop plans to resolve and build team capabilities to do the same.
• Forward-thinking and open and receptive to new ideas. Someone who thrives in an environment of continuous improvement.