SkyWater Search Partners is engaged with a tenured and recognizable fitness and health equipment manufacturer. The client is looking to add a strategic Human Resources Manager to provide leadership to the daily HR functions at the plant, provide guidance to a direct report and act as a business partner to the leadership team. The role is located onsite in Ramsey, MN with flexibility as needed.
Job Category: Human Resources (HR)
Human Resources Generalist
SkyWater Search is partnering with an innovative med-tech company as they look to hire the first full-time Human Resources professional at their HQ in Eden Prairie. This is a small but growing company, so this person will touch all aspects of Human Resources and have a unique opportunity to build out a function to meet the growing needs of the business.
Chief Human Resources Officer
Our client is a privately held financial services firm, located in the southern suburbs of Des Moines, IA. With a little over 1000 employees, they are looking for a proven HR Executive to enhance the function and support the organization in their continued growth.
If you have a strong track record of building high performing HR teams that deliver excellence, inspire engagement and innovation, this role is for you.
Payroll and HRIS Lead
SkyWater is partnering with a successful and growing holding company as they look to hire a strong Payroll and HRIS professional to their Human Resources team. This business is headquartered in Minnesota with 20+ portfolio companies located across the United States.
The Payroll and HRIS Lead will have significant responsibility for streamlining, optimizing and managing the company’s payroll processes at the holding company level and will serve as a consultant to the portfolio companies as needed. This person will also play a critical role in implementing a new HRIS system, and ensure consistent policies/practices across the organization.
This is an “office first” working environment with plenty of flexibility to work from home as needed. The company culture is upbeat, collaborative and very down-to-earth.
Human Resources Manager
SkyWater Search is partnering with an innovative, growing renewable energy as they look to professionalize the HR function and add a Human Resources Manager to the team. The company is known for a strong culture and is well-capitalized to invest in the necessary programs and resources to continue fueling the growth of this business.
The Human Resources Manager will run the daily functions of the HR department including recruiting, onboarding, administering pay, benefits, leave of absence, and assist with the development of effective training and development programs.
Vice President Human Resources
Our client is is seeking a strategic leader with the drive to build and strengthen organizational culture and make a mark at a key moment in the company’s continued growth and work alongside dedicated, highly motivated colleagues. The individual will have strong contemporary human resources capabilities with a proven track record in building an employee-centric culture.
The Vice President of Human Resources (HR) provides executive-level leadership and guidance to the HR function focusing on the areas of talent acquisition, compensation strategy, organizational effectiveness, talent development, employee relations, health and welfare benefits, compliance and employment law. This important position is a part of the executive leadership team and reports directly to the CEO.
If you are good at what you do and you want to be on a team that’s growing and thriving, we want to talk to you.
- Set strategy and direction for all aspects of the Human Resources function in alignment with overall business strategies and objectives.
- Develop an in depth understanding of the business to establish and implement short-term and long-term people strategies that drive business results while proactively anticipating changes and implications to the business.
- Provide strategic direction on talent acquisition, compensation strategy, organizational effectiveness, talent development and change management.
- Continually assess and measure the HR function, identifying opportunities for process improvements and enhancements.
- Execute an effective onboarding strategy for new employees that make them feel welcomed, valued, and prepared for work responsibilities.
- Lead the talent calibration process with leaders to proactively assess and develop talent for current and future needs.
- Develop market intelligence to ensure compensation programs are retaining and incenting top performers.
- Oversee the annual benefit review process, including providing feedback regarding design or policy changes, oversee administration of all benefit programs.
- Partner with leadership to execute effective communication and change management strategies that clearly communicates organizational values and expectations.
- Coach, counsel, and guide executives and managers on all people related issues. Guide leaders to provide development opportunities.
- Collaborate on M&A opportunities including integration of new organizations.
- Complete annual policy and program updates of the AAP and EEO plan ensuring compliance with federal and state laws, policies, and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree, Human Resources Certification (SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP/SCP) and/or Advanced Degree preferred.
- 12 years of progressive Human Resources experience including at least 5 years leading Human Resources in a high growth environment.
- Multi-state experience, ideally in a high-growth service-oriented environment.
- Solid understanding of employment law and proven record of limited liability exposure.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Results-oriented, dynamic, flexible and can easily link HR to business solutions.
- Strong sense of urgency toward business issues, must possess effective multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Proven demonstration of leading all aspects of Human Resources, developing Human Resources professionals and managing external partners.
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with various platforms and/or HRIS.
- Proven desire to influence and build relationships across all levels of the organization.
Human Resources Business Partner
Our client is a leading food manufacturer located outside of Topeka, KS. This role leads all HR initiatives for a site of approximately 400 employee.
The ideal candidate has 5+ years of progressive HR experience, ideally in manufacturing or distribution. Our client offers outstanding benefits and a competitive compensation plan.
SkyWater Search Partners has been engaged in search for a strategic Compensation Manager for an award winning, privately held global manufacturer headquartered in Minnesota. This position will be a player-coach people leader, providing direction and leading large, organization-wide, compensation programs.
The ideal candidate is a creative leader that has a proven track record of developing and implementing best-in-class compensation packages in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. This position reports to the Director of Total Rewards and will lead the compensation team. This opportunity offers a competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and significant opportunities for career growth. The role will have considerable flexibility, working out of the Minneapolis office 1-2x per week.
Chief People Officer
SkyWater Search Partners is excited to working with one of Minnesota’s largest Commercial Real Estate Developers to hire their Chief People Officer. Our client is adding a Chief People Officer to their executive leadership team who will propel the organization to excel by leading team members and holding them accountable to drive results. The Chief People Officer is responsible for setting and developing people strategy, goals, objectives, and direction for all aspects of the people function. At a high level, this will include:
- Total talent management
- Culture and engagement enhancement and definition
- Compensation and rewards strategies
- Training and development
- Leadership communication strategy
The Chief People Officer reports directly to the CEO.
THE RIGHT FIT
- A strategic HR leader with a strong business acumen that prioritizes people, culture, and fun in a high growth results-oriented environment.
- Provides direct and actionable leadership; is open and direct with others without being intimidating; deals head-on with people issues and difficult business decisions.
- Proven ability to influence and build relationships across all levels of the organization from executive leadership to maintenance professionals.
- Proven ability to lead all aspects of Human Resources, develop Human Resources professionals, and manage external partners.
- Proven ability to remain flexible and collaborative while influencing.
- Executive oversight of comprehensive HR functions and talent management functions to drive results including culture building, training and development, employee engagement, performance management, talent acquisition and retention, and recognition programs.
- Lead the development of a performance accountability culture that provides tools to stretch, develop, and retain top performers while simultaneously increasing visibility into current performance. This includes holding leaders accountable for assessing, managing, and developing talent.
- Develop an in depth understanding of the firm both strategically and operationally to establish and implement robust people strategies with short-term and long-term deliverables.
- Provide strategic thinking and executable strategy on talent acquisition, compensation strategy, organizational effectiveness, talent development, and change management.
- Identify key performance indicators for the people function and assesses the organization’s success and market competitiveness based on those metrics.
- Own, create, and execute a strategic talent roadmap with a people development initiative centered around best in class initiatives and developed in collaboration with appropriate leaders.
- Develop compelling employment brand and recruitment process for attracting, hiring, and retaining the best talent. Design a stellar people experience from initial application, through hiring and onboarding, and continuing throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Lead talent conversations and gap analysis conversations with leaders to understand their talent bench strength and guide them to determine a plan of action to achieve their department’s short-term and long-term goals and strategic initiatives.
- Partner with executives to execute effective communication and change management strategies that clearly communicate values and performance expectations.
- Own, lead, and create structured immediate and long-term compensation strategies that are tied to individual and organizational performance. Plans should attract, motivate, and retain talented staff based on an assessment of current market conditions and alignment with the strategic plan of the organization. Identify non-cash recognition tools such as travel, social events, and other unique methods to retain an engaged workforce.
- Understand the wide breadth of the business in combination with an insatiable appetite to grow and be impactful. Courageously and confidently advise and carry out the people strategies and opportunities throughout the firm.
- Bachelor’s degree, Human Resources Certification (SPHR, PHR, SHRM-CP) and/or Advanced Degree preferred.
- 15 years of progressive Human Resources experience including at least 5 years leading Human Resources in a high growth environment. Experience leading multiple departments in addition to leading Human Resources preferred.
- Multi-state experience ideally in real estate development, construction, or related industries.
- Experience operating in Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) preferred.
- Experience as CPO, CHRO, or other C level position preferred.
Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
SkyWater Search Partners has been engaged by a local, reputable leader in broadcasting and media. The client is looking to expand their HR team by adding a Sr. Human Resources Business Partner to their team. This Sr. HRBP will be responsible for partnering with leadership on business and enterprise-wide strategies to help the organization meet their short- and long-term goals. This role will have significant hybrid flexibility with some onsite presence in St. Paul, MN.