We are seeking a full-time Quality Assurance Lead. This hands-on position will average 60% of your time on the production floor and 40% of your time at your desk. We are looking for an ambitious candidate, who can take ownership of all things quality and grow with our company. Training opportunities will be available for the right person to grow in this career. In order to be considered, you must meet the minimum job requirements listed below. This position offers a competitive salary, great benefits and a casual working environment.
- Work closely with the Quality Technician and with the Inspection Department to help create inspection policies and procedures.
- Ensure inspection needs are fulfilled by providing training and assistance as needed.
- Train inspectors on measurement applications and techniques.
- Lead the nonconforming material and material review board process.
Quality-related Customer Service Administration:
- Respond to customer concerns regarding quality issues.
- Manage the RMA (return material authorization) process including the analysis of returned product.
- Review, verify and manage the implementation of customer requirements through the Advance Product Quality Planning process.
- Create quality plans for new or modified product programs.
- Create company quality standards.
- Work as a team member and participate in risk analysis and mitigation.
- Responsible for generating and verifying customer required quality documentation and test reports.
- Lead the calibration system for all company gauges and instruments.
- Maintain quality department tooling and equipment.
- Determine measuring tool needs.
- Facilitate the ISO 9001 quality management system and help to develop policies and procedures. Responsible for coordinating and participating in ISO 9001 internal audits.
- Act as a Rotary Systems quality lead representative and facilitate customer and registrar audits. Conduct investigations, root cause analysis, and provide corrective and preventative actions based on sound engineering analysis and review.
- Provide effective solutions that will drive continuous and measurable improvements.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the document control system.
- Monitor and facilitate quality system training needs.
- Participate in quality improvement teams, leading or assisting as required.
- Assist procurement in monitoring and managing suppliers and supplier quality.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Experience in machining and assembly manufacturing environments required.
- Strong hands on inspection experience with precision machined parts required.
- 2 + years' experience in a quality inspection/engineering role required.
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering/Quality) or in any related field
- Background in quality systems with a strong understanding of ISO 9001.
- Background in planning and integration of quality processes and objectives into production processes. Experience with CMM (Zeiss) and Vision Measurement Systems desired.
- Experience with ERP systems (IQMS, JobBOSS, Epicor, SAP, etc.).
- Proven ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Strong problem solving ability and experience.
- Understand and interpret drawings and GD&T.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements (RoHS, REACH, DFAR, ATEX, ITAR, UL, CE, etc.). • Communicate effectively and professionally.
- Work professionally with suppliers, customers and coworkers.