REGIONAL FINANCE DIRECTOR
We are conducting a fully retained search for a Regional Director of Finance. Our client is a market leader, growing organically and inorganically and generates about $1 billion in revenue. This position is the head of finance for a division that generates $250 million in revenue.
As a Regional Finance Director you will be an integral part of the finance team leading finance, strategic planning, analytics, accounting, reporting and financial control processes to fuel operational and financial success. You will provide day to day finance leadership for the company and will drive innovation through process improvement, data analysis and supporting initiatives to further the Company’s reputation and long-standing success/growth.
This full-time position reports directly to the Vice President of the region with a dotted line to the CFO. The position is located in Poway, CA.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Proactively lead, improve and deliver forecasting, budgeting and strategic planning processes to provide the business with data to help make good business decisions.
- Lead and bring accountability to a team.
- Guide leadership on appropriate financial reporting and processes needed to ensure accurate recording, reporting and communication.
- Partner with sales, marketing, and operations to evaluate, understand and recommend the financial structure of new business opportunities.
- Prepare, analyze and synthesize financial results for key stakeholders, including leadership and executives that drives informed decisions.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies, principles, regulatory requirements and corporate controls.
- Develop and promote talent, leadership and company culture within the finance team.
- Analyze financial statements and explain variances from budget, forecast and prior periods.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly results presentations for regional and company leadership teams.
- Provide leadership to controllers to manage and execute the month-end close process.
- Partner with general managers and plant managers in region to implement and/or monitor inventory management processes and metrics to ensure inventory accuracy and timeliness.
- Model and analyze strategic capital investment opportunities.
- Analyze customer and product profitability.
- Support financial modeling and evaluation of acquisition targets.
- Support acquisition due diligence and integration activities.
- Develop and maintain financial tools for the leadership team: daily sales reporting, sales forecasting, cycle count tracking, price increase tracking, etc.
- Identify, design and implement process improvements to increase productivity and engagement.
- Partner with the corporate finance team to leverage support and ensure timely and accurate compliance with corporate policies, reporting and procedures in the areas of accounting, reporting, IT, treasury & tax.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 15+ years finance / accounting experience
- 5+ years of experience leading and developing finance/accounting teams preferably within a manufacturing environment
- CPA preferred
- MBA preferred
- Excellent data analysis and trend identifications skills with the ability to show the impact of the analysis on the financial statements
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player, complete work with accuracy and speed and strive for professional growth within the department and company
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize work and meet multiple deadlines timely and accurately in a fast-pace working environment
- Strong Project management skills with proven results
- Effective verbal and written communication skills as you will interact with all levels of the organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills, ERP Systems (JDEdwards preferred) and Business Intelligence systems (Microstrategy preferred)